Thread: 16 Year Old Wins The Voice

16 Year Old Wins The Voice

Blake Shelton got one hell of a 37th birthday present last night when for the third time in a row a performer he coached won The Voice , namely 16 year old country singer Danielle Bradbery who won.

When she auditioned, she sang Taylor Swift's "Mean" all the coaches tried to get Danielle.

Rock and roller Adam Levine tried reverse psychology by saying "Taylor Swift is not country".

Blake Shelton replied " We in country take full ownership of Taylor Swift".

Usher tried to get her by saying "I can get you Justin Bieber tickets".

But she went with Shelton, and she obviously made the right choice because they both won last night.

Taylor Swift did appear on The Voice this year, only it was Usher who brought her in, not Levine or Shelton:

As Blake Shelton himself said "Is there anybody cooler than Usher?",no there isn't.

There were no losers on the show this year and especially not last night, 2nd place Michelle Chamuel (Team Usher) did not win, but I bet she'll get a record contract too.

The same for third place The Swon Brothers (Team Blake) who proudly said "We got to sing with Bob Seger "

I said from the start The Swon Brothers wouldn't win The Voice , but they are going to be stars because of their musical talent and because of their personalities.
    Last edited by Truth Teller; 06-19-2013 at 05:20 PM.
    It is difficult for any decent person to sit back and not comment on the anti-Semitism,racism ,sexism ,and all-around ignorance espoused on the majority of DA's posts,it's fucking sad when one gets a warning for simply being a decent person.

It is difficult for any decent person to sit back and not comment on the anti-Semitism,racism ,sexism ,and all-around ignorance espoused on the majority of DA's posts,it's fucking sad when one gets a warning for simply being a decent person.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Teller View Post
    Blake Shelton got one hell of a 37th birthday present last night when for the third time in a row a performer he coached won The Voice , namely 16 year old country singer Danielle Bradbery who won.

When she auditioned, she sang Taylor Swift's "Mean" all the coaches tried to get Danielle.

Rock and roller Adam Levine tried reverse psychology by saying "Taylor Swift is not country".

Blake Shelton replied " We in country take full ownership of Taylor Swift".

Usher tried to get her by saying "I can get you Justin Bieber tickets".

But she went with Shelton, and she obviously made the right choice because they both won last night.

Taylor Swift did appear on The Voice this year, only it was Usher who brought her in, not Levine or Shelton:

As Blake Shelton himself said "Is there anybody cooler than Usher?",no there isn't.

There were no losers on the show this year and especially not last night, 2nd place Michelle Chamuel (Team Usher) did not win, but I bet she'll get a record contract too.

The same for third place The Swon Brothers (Team Blake) who proudly said "We got to sing with Bob Seger "

I said from the start The Swon Brothers wouldn't win The Voice , but they are going to be stars because of their musical talent and because of their personalities.
    I still don't get the whole deal about Taylor Swift. She can't sing, her songs sound 100% the same lyrically and 95% musically, she can't dance at all and mediocre looking at best. Her show production is great and she is backed up by amazing musicians, but that's all I can give her. It would be one thing if she was a punk rocker, but as boring and non-controversial as her image/music is, at least have some skills, damn it! She isn't as terrible as some of the other "music" that's going on today, as at least there's some value to her songs, as simple and boring as they are, but it still insults my intelligence when people consider her something special!

As a matter of fact, all of those kids in the Voice can sing her songs much better than her, then again, who doesn't.

Bob Seger is GREAT!!

Quote Originally Posted by GanjaFreebird View Post
    I still don't get the whole deal about Taylor Swift. She can't sing, her songs sound 100% the same lyrically and 95% musically, she can't dance at all and mediocre looking at best. Her show production is great and she is backed up by amazing musicians, but that's all I can give her. It would be one thing if she was a punk rocker, but as boring and non-controversial as her image/music is, at least have some skills, damn it! She isn't as terrible as some of the other "music" that's going on today, as at least there's some value to her songs, as simple and boring as they are, but it still insults my intelligence when people consider her something special!

As a matter of fact, all of those kids in the Voice can sing her songs much better than her, then again, who doesn't.
    I don't think Taylor is awful, I don't think she's the second coming either, but I find her music listenable.

Danielle obviously has a greater voice, but sometimes a voice isn't near as important as the material that voice gets.

All of the acts on the show this year have learned a lot from their coaches and from each other, now they are going to have come up with original material, and that's where it starts becoming work (though it still can be fun as well).

I just hope someone how knows what it's like to be a child performer(say Brenda Lee , or maybe even Taylor Swift herself) mentors Danielle ,because she definitely has a record contract now (one of the things she won coming in first place) and Brenda Lee herself says she thinks "the business" (as she calls it) is even harder on child performers now that it was in her day, and it was very rough on kids in her day.

I'm very glad Danielle won. I still think Casadee Pope who won last year is a better singer (and no I'm not just saying that cause she sang two Avril songs)

In this video the pitch has been slightly adjusted but it still sounds flawless:

Someone really, really needs a life.

I represent the angry, gun toting meat eating people. ~ Denis Leary

The same shepherd that protects the flock leads them to the slaughterhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by jwreck View Post
    I tried to get Teller to see some live music, party and socialize with actual people, but he doesn't wanna leave the comfort of the boob tube!

I like all of the last 12 contestants this year; I think it was a much closer contest this year than last. Danielle wasn't my pick for the win, I think Amber Carrington was the best overall talent, followed by Sasha Allen and Sarah Giselle, but the audience didn't, but still not a choice I'm unhappy with. The Swon Brothers were a surprise to me for lasting that long, but I like them, too, so it works out.

My original picks at the beginning were Amber, Sasha, and that chick from Kansas City who played coffee houses and the like, the folk singer, can't remember her name now dammit, and that guy from Montana who really belted them out but made a bad song choice and got eliminated. At least one of my picks made it to the last 8, anyway, a better record than I had last year.

I thought Cher sucked last night; she should stay retired.

Never heard of Usher, and barely heard of Shakira before this season's show, but I think they did great as coaches, and I particularly liked Shakira; Blake did a great job as coach, and brought Danielle through out of nowhere; go back and see her early auditions and see the improvements, truly amazing. Hope they keep this set of coaches at least another season.

I would have liked to have seen more alt rock types and alt country types, especially those who write their own stuff, but I realize they don't appeal to mass market TV, and this season's Voice was pretty good anyway.
    Last edited by Farnsworth,Luther P.; 06-20-2013 at 01:20 AM.
    President Josiah Bartlet: Sweden has a 100% literacy rate. 100%! How do they do that?

Leo McGarry: Maybe they don't and they can't add.

I'm certain some of the onstage talent is quite good. But, I just cannot get around all the garbage from the judges and the mcee. Same with the other "talent" shows.
    Some fun and interesting tidbits about the history of California and Baja California @ my blog.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    I tried to get Teller to see some live music, party and socialize with actual people, but he doesn't wanna leave the comfort of the boob tube!
    You're just jealous that you're not talented enough to even get to audition.
    Last edited by Truth Teller; 06-20-2013 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwreck View Post
    I think many of these people (especially the top 3 finalists) are going to become major recoding artists fairly soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
    I'm certain some of the onstage talent is quite good. But, I just cannot get around all the garbage from the judges and the mcee. Same with the other "talent" shows.
    I would normally agree, but the coaches on The Voice are much better than those on the other shows, most of whom don't have any talent themselves. The way the The Voice is set up is different, and requires a high level of production talent and people skills on the part of coaches than any of the other shows, which sets it apart. I didn't think I'd care for Christina Aguilara or C Lo Green last season when I first started watching the show, but ended up respecting them a lot by the end; same with Adam Levine and this season's new coaches.

As for AGT, I like Heide and Howie, but not the other two, and I've never liked American Idol's; don't watch any of the other shows so can't comment on them.
    President Josiah Bartlet: Sweden has a 100% literacy rate. 100%! How do they do that?

I think many of these people (especially the top 3 finalists) are going to become major recoding artists fairly soon.
    And hopefully a dozen or so of this season's contestants go on to make records and stay in the business a good while.

What is great about The Voice is the coaches really work with the kids, and teach them all sorts of skills related to music.

Example: A few weeks ago tornados hit Oklahoma ,Blake Shelton had a concert there to raise money for relief and Usher was part of that concert.

Shelton and Usher decided to use the performers on their team(including the 3 who became finalists) for the opening act.

First ,they were taken to damage sites to see the devastation and to meet some of the people they were doing this for.

Onstage they did did the National Anthem acappella ,then for a hour did all sorts of songs together and separately, then for their last 15 minutes did a couple of songs with both Blake Shelton and Usher.

In that, they got experience in using their music for a cause, experience in doing a show in front of 20,000 people(something none of them ever did before), and experience in working with others.

Granted, that was a most extreme case that (thankfully) doesn't happen very often, yet Usher and Blake Shelton did it ,and neither of them had to(and both were very busy as well)

And that's what the coaches do, they teach the (mostly) young contestants things it would take them years to learn on their own.

And this year all four coaches were perfect teachers:Adam Levine mentored the first winner, Blake Shelton mentored the other winners, Usher mentored Justin Beiber (like Bieber or not, Usher mentored him well),Shakira was mentored by Emilio and Gloria Estefan.

These people know their stuff.
    Last edited by Truth Teller; 06-21-2013 at 04:46 PM.

My friend from high school texted me today that he was going to Austin on the 13th because he got selected in the first round of auditions. He has to sing two songs...

Anyway, I went to the Voice website, because I was like...who...The Voice. That performance with the girl and Hunter Hayes (who plays 30 instruments, co-writes all of his songs, 21 years old) was pretty freakin' sweet!

Should make a best performance of the year. as a musical layman, that's a flawless live performance. I can usually find something to nitpick with, but not here.
    Last edited by Going Postal; 07-08-2013 at 05:06 AM.
    The NSA is the only Government Agency that will listen to you.

I Pledge Resistance, to the Nazi Flag, of the United Police States of America, and to the Private Federal Reserves for which it stands. One Corporation, under Goldman Sachs, unaccountable, with poverty and slavery for all.

Thread Information