Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott Walker lost more jobs than any other Governor!

Cd. is offline Usually harmless Discussion Leader

Scott Walker lost more jobs than any other Governor!

http://www.newser.com/story/144793/w...in-nation.html

Yessiree Bob!

This is your conservative ideology at work!

Newser) – Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker's efforts to keep his job took a hit this week by way of a report showing how many voters lost theirs. Between March 2011 and March 2012, the state lost 23,900 jobs, more than any other state in the nation, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics report. Some 17,800 of those were in the public sector, but the state also led the country in private-sector job losses with 6,100, reports the Christian Science Monitor. Only Mississippi and Rhode Island also saw the number of private sector jobs shrink in the same period.
    The best thing about aging is that I stopped caring what other people think about me. I do not live my life to impress anyone and have nothing to prove to anyone. Its really quite liberating.

How many jobs has Barack Obama lost or killed during his term thus far?

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto_Balsalm View Post
    How many jobs has Barack Obama lost or killed during his term thus far?
    I do not understand your question. The unemployment rate is lower now under Obama than it was when he took office.
    Now Bush's policies actually lost jobs.
    The best thing about aging is that I stopped caring what other people think about me. I do not live my life to impress anyone and have nothing to prove to anyone. Its really quite liberating.

Quote Originally Posted by Cd. View Post
    This is your conservative ideology at work!
    Here in IL, Democrats are pretending there's no recession and just borrowing more money than the state can pay back. Perhaps we haven't lost as many jobs as WI...but the chickens will come home to roost. Oh, did I mention they also increased our state income tax by almost 70% last year? They also nearly doubled the usage fees on the tollway system.

I guess it's all good here in IL according to you lefties...
    "A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."

I do not understand your question. The unemployment rate is lower now under Obama than it was when he took office.
    I see "Truth" isn't a value that is very important to you.

Unemployment Jan 2009 7.8%
    Unemployment April 2012 8.1%

I hate the break the news to you but 8.1 is not less than 7.8.

People Not In Labor Force Soar By 522,000, Labor Force Participation Rate Lowest Since 1981

it is just getting sad now. In April the number of people not in the labor force rose by a whopping 522,000 from 87,897,000 to
    88,419,000. This is the highest on record. The flip side, and the reason why the unemployment dropped to 8.1% is that the labor force participation rate just dipped to a new 30 year low of 64.3%.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/people...te-lowest-1981
    The main reason the Unemployment rate has even dropped is because so many are LEAVING the workforce.

Again it wasn't bush's policy's that cost us jobs. It was nancy and harry's policy's that cost us jobs.
    Annoy a leftist: Think logically.

I do not understand your question.
    Quite simply, I was curious as to whether or not you had one standard for Scott Walker and a different one for Barack Obama. Both of your posts in this thread have confirmed my suspicions. Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Come down to the Gulf Coast and explain that to all the oil workers.

I represent the angry, gun toting meat eating people. ~ Denis Leary

The same shepherd that protects the flock leads them to the slaughterhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by soylentgreen View Post
    Here in IL, Democrats are pretending there's no recession and just borrowing more money than the state can pay back. Perhaps we haven't lost as many jobs as WI...but the chickens will come home to roost. Oh, did I mention they also increased our state income tax by almost 70% last year? They also nearly doubled the usage fees on the tollway system.

I guess it's all good here in IL according to you lefties...
    I live in Illinois. And unlike Governor Walker, who refused money to build a High Speed Rail system our governor approved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto_Balsalm View Post
    Quite simply, I was curious as to whether or not you had one standard for Scott Walker and a different one for Barack Obama. Both of your posts in this thread have confirmed my suspicions. Thank you very much and have a nice day.
    No, Walker is loosing jobs and Obama is creating them.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwreck View Post
    Come down to the Gulf Coast and explain that to all the oil workers.
    Red Hering alert!
    So tell me this much, how did the BP Oil disaster affect the shrimping industry on the coast?

So tell me this much, how did the BP Oil disaster affect the shrimping industry on the coast?
    Not nearly as much as the moratorium affected the oil industry. Shrimping was back to full speed pretty quickly.

I represent the angry, gun toting meat eating people. ~ Denis Leary

The same shepherd that protects the flock leads them to the slaughterhouse.

I could be wrong but doesn't the blue line thingy look a little higher now then it did in 2008?
    “When she (Rice) talked about the video, my reaction was that was not something the analysts attributed this attack to.”...deputy CIA director Michael Morell

Quote Originally Posted by caddis View Post
    I could be wrong but doesn't the blue line thingy look a little higher now then it did in 2008?
    i dont know about american politics, but it also looks like it shot up in '08 and is declining in '12...
    "...and from these walls laughter will run over the world and infect with courage the bent, laborious peon of antiquity." - 'Desolation Angels', Jack Kerouac

"...now you're really in the total animal soup of time..." - 'Howl', Allen Ginsberg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socratic_method

2007 was when the Republicans' house of cards began to crumble and our economy fell into its near-death spiral. Luckily, we had a change in leadership the following year which began to turn things around and, as the chart shows, in less than a year our unemployment rate (the last thing to recover in the recessionary cycle) began its improvement. That should continue if the perps don't weasel themselves back into positions of power later this year.

The world has its fingers crossed.

I live in Illinois. And unlike Governor Walker, who refused money to build a High Speed Rail system our governor approved it.
    A high speed rail system that we can't afford and don't need that will likely be a hole to throw money into for generations. That I know of, there is not one high speed rail system in this country that's self-funding. In other words, the taxpayers will be subsidizing rides well into the future.

Of course, this also neglects the fact that IL is borrowing more money to pay for our portion of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Chachma v'Oz View Post
    2007 was when the Republicans' house of cards began to crumble and our economy fell into its near-death spiral.
    Now the house of cards has been set up again with wreckless borrowing. Good job, Mr. Obama....in delaying the inevitable...

Quote Originally Posted by Chachma v'Oz View Post
    2007 was when the Republicans' house of cards began to crumble and our economy fell into its near-death spiral.
    Funny, as soon as the Democrats took over Congress.

Luckily, we had a change in leadership the following year which began to turn things around and, as the chart shows, in less than a year our unemployment rate (the last thing to recover in the recessionary cycle) began its improvement.
    Either your lying or your just ignorant of the fact that by far the biggest reason the unemployment rate has dropped is due to people dropping out of the workforce. Obama has shown he can't create shit.

The world has its fingers crossed.
    The world? Fingers crossed? You aren't seeming very confident of your master. If he's so great, this should be a cakewalk for him.

Obviously the charade that is Obama has been disappearing ever since he took office. He has the super wealthy, the media, the poor, and the really stupid; all significant in some respect but that alone won't put him over the finish line. He has no record to campaign on.

Quote Originally Posted by soylentgreen View Post
    ... wreckless borrowing.
    Freudian slip?

Quote Originally Posted by the incredible b View Post
    i dont know about american politics, but it also looks like it shot up in '08 and is declining in '12...
    I's too bad you don't know much about American politics because the head hauncho promised that blue sguigghly line would never rise above 8% if we simply allowed him to spend a trillion dollars here and there to stimulate the economy(It must have been opposite day in Bikini Bottoms) Furthermore, he and his sidekicks promised a "summer of recovery"....2 years ago. His "recovery" (which hasn't yet transpired) has taken longer then the typical 18 month recession.

But hey, it's the fault of the Tea Party who refuse to budge on raising taxes. After all, if we could just tax everyone 100% of everything then we'd be less in debt
    “When she (Rice) talked about the video, my reaction was that was not something the analysts attributed this attack to.”...deputy CIA director Michael Morell

Hey Cd, how come you failed to report these new job numbers?

Contrary to previous reports, WI economy added 23,000 jobs in 2011

On Wednesday, the state Department of Workforce Development released what it billed as actual 2011 jobs data, based on reports from 160,000 employers. The data show Wisconsin’s economy actually added 23,0000 jobs between December 2010 and December 2011.

That’s vastly different than BLS’ Employment Statistics data, which estimated a net loss of 33,900 jobs in 2011 — a swing of 57,221 jobs.
    The difference here is that Cd's numbers where from a tiny sample, where as these current figures are hard numbers

If true, it shows that a strong president in the White House can more than offset the failures of a state governor locally.

We already know this.

Thread Information