Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whatever happened to the big OWS shutdown day?

hadit is offline Super Moderator Super Mod

Whatever happened to the big OWS shutdown day?

I thought we were supposed to see cities shut down and nobody working. Did I miss something, or did less than 1% of the 99% bother to show up?
    Hillary's campaign slogan: "What difference at this point did I make?".

They were to busy breaking windows and spray paint their messages on banks. Oh, and trying to blow up bridges.

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it. Going Postal

hadit is offline Super Moderator Super Mod
    I don't think they can truthfully claim to speak for the 99% if they can't get more than that to show up.
    Hillary's campaign slogan: "What difference at this point did I make?".

"What if they gave a protest and nobody came?"

Leftist whackos asked that about wars, back in the 1970s.

They now have their answer.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesnĺt have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Quote Originally Posted by hadit View Post
    I thought we were supposed to see cities shut down and nobody working. Did I miss something, or did less than 1% of the 99% bother to show up?
    Maybe what they meant is OWS shut down for the day, and no one knew?

Cd. is offline Usually harmless Discussion Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    "What if they gave a protest and nobody came?"
    You have the tea party movement.
    The best thing about aging is that I stopped caring what other people think about me. I do not live my life to impress anyone and have nothing to prove to anyone. Its really quite liberating.

Quote Originally Posted by Cd. View Post
    You have the tea party movement.
    That's pretty good, considering the tea party put into office on the federal level about 40 member on their first try.

How many has the OWSers put on the ballot?

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it. Going Postal

There is no real OWS movement.

The Tea Party is not a grass roots movement ,the tea party is financed by the Koch brothers and other megarich people like them,it just puts up the window dressing of a grass roots movement for propaganda purposes.

Whereas OWS is a real grass roots movement, made up by people who don't agree on anything at all ,except that the system is corrupt,and in that corruption comes the people who really own the US,people like the Koch brothers.
    Last edited by Truth Teller; 05-05-2012 at 12:43 PM.
    It is difficult for any decent person to sit back and not comment on the anti-Semitism,racism ,sexism ,and all-around ignorance espoused on the majority of DA's posts,it's fucking sad when one gets a warning for simply being a decent person.

Quote Originally Posted by antiquity View Post
    That's pretty good, considering the tea party put into office on the federal level about 40 member on their first try.
    It was the Koch brothers who put those people into office ,and the Koch brothers are as rich and corrupt as it gets.
    It is difficult for any decent person to sit back and not comment on the anti-Semitism,racism ,sexism ,and all-around ignorance espoused on the majority of DA's posts,it's fucking sad when one gets a warning for simply being a decent person.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Teller View Post
    There is no real OWS movement.

The Tea Party is not a grass roots movement ,the tea party is finanaced by the Koch brothers and other megarich people like them,it just puts on the window dressing of a grass roots movement for propaganda purposes.

Whereas OWS is a real grass roots movement, made up by people who don't agree on anything at all ,except that the system is corrupt,and in that corruption comes the people who really own the US,people like the Koch brothers.
    Don't forget Hollywood, and moveon.org who is supported by billionaire George Soros. Soros has funneled million toward OWS which are not a grass root movement, they are Anarchists and their action prove it. How many tea party member broke windows, sprayed painted banks and tried to blow up a bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Teller View Post
    It was the Koch brothers who put those people into office ,and the Koch brothers are as rich and corrupt as it gets.
    Millions of voters put those 40 people in office, dumbass.
    My IQ would blow your mind.... I have been asked to join Mensa... I just do not want to pay dues. - Vader

86D¨de is offline Definitely here NOT to please!
    The tea party has been effectively taken over by the GOP and is no longer a viable movement.

I'll rserve judgement until after the convention. I think some of the Tea Party/Ron Paul stuff may make it into the GOP platform.
    My IQ would blow your mind.... I have been asked to join Mensa... I just do not want to pay dues. - Vader

As the case of Eick Santorum indicates, very unlikely.

On a somwhat related note, there are also a number of signs the GOP really isn't putting a lot of effort into this election.

There are also a number of signs that Obama sucks ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom&Liberty View Post
    Millions of voters put those 40 people in office.
    Only because of the Koch brothers money,dumbass.

How exactly did the Koch brothers buy millions of votes, moron? It's not like they sent out tens of millions of checks, like democrats do.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom&Liberty View Post
    There are also a number of signs that Obama sucks ass.
    If you're an idiot who believes great leadership 'sucks ass' (sic), which of course, you are.

Wow! Did your mom help you come up with that one?

How the Koch brothers own the GOP:

Right now it looks like Lugar will lose his Senate seat in the Indiana primary to a teabagger financed by the Koch brothers,which will turn a certain GOP seat into a seat that could go Democratic.

Fine by me.

Thread Information