Thread: This is where ghosts and the like come from

This is where ghosts and the like come from

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/slender-man

Thats right. People make it up.
    "...and from these walls laughter will run over the world and infect with courage the bent, laborious peon of antiquity." - 'Desolation Angels', Jack Kerouac

"...now you're really in the total animal soup of time..." - 'Howl', Allen Ginsberg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socratic_method

Yeah they are made up until you actually see one. Then you rethink everything you thought you knew about ghosts.

Quote Originally Posted by queenlillian1962 View Post
    Yeah they are made up until you actually see one. Then you rethink everything you thought you knew about ghosts.
    sarcasm?
    "...and from these walls laughter will run over the world and infect with courage the bent, laborious peon of antiquity." - 'Desolation Angels', Jack Kerouac

"...now you're really in the total animal soup of time..." - 'Howl', Allen Ginsberg

part sarcasm part truth.

any personal experience (sounds like it)? do tell.

Where do I start? Things flying across the room, full bodied apparition (in color BTW), things moving on their own, shadow people...

I could make up stories about tables and that doesn't mean that tables dont exist, lol. A lot of peeps say there is no proof that ghosts are real but where is the proof that they are not real?
    2 more things. Cameras can record things that reflect light and light is one kind of energy. Are ghosts the same kind of energy? I dont think they are and I think thats why ghosts aren't easy to photograph.
    Audio recorders track sound waves and we know what waves our ears can track. Really? Are there waves our ears can track that nobody knows about? Scientists at NASA are always finding new things in space that they cant explain. How much do we really know?

Yeah I think a lot of the stories are made up but I dont think all of them are.

Quote Originally Posted by UhOhXplode View Post
    I could make up stories about tables and that doesn't mean that tables dont exist, lol. A lot of peeps say there is no proof that ghosts are real but where is the proof that they are not real?
    2 more things. Cameras can record things that reflect light and light is one kind of energy. Are ghosts the same kind of energy? I dont think they are and I think thats why ghosts aren't easy to photograph.
    Audio recorders track sound waves and we know what waves our ears can track. Really? Are there waves our ears can track that nobody knows about? Scientists at NASA are always finding new things in space that they cant explain. How much do we really know?

Yeah I think a lot of the stories are made up but I dont think all of them are.
    Universe is loaded with stuff we don't know about. Science hasn't scratched the surface of all the possibilities out there so to say they don't exsist is arrogant; we just don't know is a better answer IMO.

86D¨de is offline Definitely here NOT to please!
    Trust meh, the shit exists.

You got to see it to believe it

Thread Information