Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New report on Israel's treatment of Palestinean children: Bound, Blindfolded and Convicted

Hamas weaponizes children as part of their terrorist operations against Israel. Consequently, the IDF has little choice but to treat them as enemy combatants.

Quote Originally Posted by Zordar View Post
    I like Israel, but nobody has a "right" to exist.
    Of course they do. The right of a sovereign nation to exist, and defend its territorial integrity against assault is simply axiomatic.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyb View Post
    Regardless of if I'm mistaking you for the person who normally just yells "REPUBLICAFASCIST" at people...the kids are throwing rocks at tanks.
    And this justifies 3 AM home invasions where the kids are hooded, tied, slammed on the floor of vans, strip searched, hit, and threatened? Kids?
    The whole situation is bad there; I don't like that it happens. The people of Palestine are responsible for this being an issue. If they learned to loved thier children more than they hated the jews, this issue would eliminate itself.

It's disgusting and harsh; while the apes are ruled by the islamonazis it isn't going to change.

the kids are throwing rocks at tanks. And this justifies 3 AM home invasions where the kids are hooded, tied, slammed on the floor of vans, strip searched, hit, and threatened? Kids?
    How hard are they being hit?

Seems a hell of a lot less lethal than being blown up or run over, which is what would happen to anybody dumb enough to throw rocks at a tank if we lived in logical world.

Of course they do. The right of a sovereign nation to exist, and defend its territorial integrity against assault is simply axiomatic.
    If you are strong enough to survive, you obviously had the right. If not, you just weren't lucky enough to be born with a right to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    The people of Palestine are responsible for this being an issue. If they learned to loved thier children more than they hated the jews, this issue would eliminate itself.

It's disgusting and harsh; while the apes are ruled by the islamonazis it isn't going to change.
    You sick zionist, neocon. There was no Palestinian ideology equivalent to the zionists imported ideology that excluded the natives. The fact is the zionists hated the native Palestinians enough to steal their land, resources and herd them into open air concentration camps. The natives are simply responding anyway they can against the insane, racist oppressors.

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    The whole situation is bad there; I don't like that it happens. The people of Palestine are responsible for this being an issue. If they learned to loved thier children more than they hated the jews, this issue would eliminate itself.

These are excellent points being made by Vader, who is a very well informed individual with a deep understanding of history and a finely tuned moral sesnsibility. Other retards (e.g., Teller, Ganja, and that Walter Mitty nutjob) have repeated these same mindless moronic cliches, but Vader's articulation is really exceptional. Well done, Vader.
    Safe to kill
    it all comes back or
    stick it out and
    wage my own attack

Lift me up through
    what I've found
    bite my lip
    how far down is down?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Ranger View Post
    Hamas weaponizes children as part of their terrorist operations against Israel. Consequently, the IDF has little choice but to treat them as enemy combatants.
    Excellent points, Walter Mitty.
    Safe to kill
    it all comes back or
    stick it out and
    wage my own attack

Lift me up through
    what I've found
    bite my lip
    how far down is down?

If you are strong enough to survive, you obviously had the right. If not, you just weren't lucky enough to be born with a right to exist.

You're confusing two separate issues: the right to exist vs. the ability to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    Excellent points, Walter Mitty.
    You're still a dick, Gatsby.

That's the core ideology of fascism, isn't it? (no hyperbole - I'm being completely serious.)

You're still a dick, Gatsby.
    Remember when you were lying about being "terminally ill"? As I recall, you were in the process of having another lie exposed by Evil Elmo so you made up some crap about dying in order to garner some sympathy.
    Safe to kill
    it all comes back or
    stick it out and
    wage my own attack

Lift me up through
    what I've found
    bite my lip
    how far down is down?

You're confusing two separate issues: the right to exist vs. the ability to exist.
    Not if rights are determined by ability.

That's the core ideology of fascism, isn't it? (no hyperbole - I'm being completely serious.)
    I'd say it's closer to Darwin than Mussolini.

To be fascist, you need to be authoritarian and nationalistic at the very least. It also helps to be right-wing, intolerant of other viewpoints, and a corporatist. The belief that nobody has any inherent right to exist (separate from wanting to exist, or being able to exist), you don't have to be fascist at all.

I'd say it's closer to Darwin than Mussolini.

To be fascist, you need to be authoritarian and nationalistic at the very least. It also helps to be right-wing, intolerant of other viewpoints, and a corporatist. The belief that nobody has any inherent right to exist (separate from wanting to exist, or being able to exist), you don't have to be fascist at all.

Well, I don't really believe inherent rights exist, so I guess I agree. Sorta.
    But I'll defer to Orwell on fascism:

http://orwell.ru/library/articles/As.../english/efasc

By ‘Fascism’ they mean, roughly speaking, something cruel, unscrupulous, arrogant, obscurantist, anti-liberal and anti-working-class. Except for the relatively small number of Fascist sympathizers, almost any English person would accept ‘bully’ as a synonym for ‘Fascist’. That is about as near to a definition as this much-abused word has come.
    The more powerful bully wins.

I LOVE that Orwell piece, and use it quite regularly (though referring to other words)

Well, I don't really believe inherent rights exist, so I guess I agree. Sorta.
    Me neither. Doesn't mean it's OK to kill, rape, or steal of course, just that if we're avoiding superstition or philosophical fantasy land, rights only "exist" insofar as we can keep them. If a super-advanced, heavily armed alien comes down and says "I'm gonna melt your mom and dad and then suck yer brains out," you can tell that alien about your rights all you want, but it's probably not going to make any difference.

I LOVE that Orwell piece, and use it quite regularly (though referring to other words)

Me neither. Doesn't mean it's OK to kill, rape, or steal of course, just that if we're avoiding superstition or philosophical fantasy land, rights only "exist" insofar as we can keep them. If a super-advanced, heavily armed alien comes down and says "I'm gonna melt your mom and dad and then suck yer brains out," you can tell that alien about your rights all you want, but it's probably not going to make any difference.

I think the idea of inherent rights is a step up from the divine right of kings, but yeah, it's superstition, still. It also appears to be a uniquely American mythology.

It also appears to be a uniquely American mythology.
    At least it's not that pansy-ass whining about "human rights" Europe is constantly blathering about, but I hear you.

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    Remember when you were lying about being "terminally ill"? As I recall, you were in the process of having another lie exposed by Evil Elmo so you made up some crap about dying in order to garner some sympathy.
    Well, obviously he's alive and well enough, why don't you be happy for him, rather than act like an asshole?

Of course, recruiting child suicide bombers is also part.

The fact the PA's children's television glorifies martyrhood doesn't help.

Even a scumbag like Goebbels didn't sink as low in his propaganda as Hamas has with Farfour.
    It is difficult for any decent person to sit back and not comment on the anti-Semitism,racism ,sexism ,and all-around ignorance espoused on the majority of DA's posts,it's fucking sad when one gets a warning for simply being a decent person.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Teller View Post

Even a scumbag like Goebbels didn't sink as low in his propaganda as Hamas has with Farfour.
    And as long as they do things like that, Israel is justified to do whatever to defend themselves from those barbaric savages.

Thread Information