Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 388

Thread: Did Jesus Ever Really Exist?

  1. #261
    Join Date
    Sep 22 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    36,004
    Quote Originally Posted by jwreck View Post
    D00d you've proven many times that you don't have a fucking clue as to what science is.
    Nope, I've proven myself to know vastly more than you, time and time again.

  2. #262
    hadit is offline Super Moderator Super Mod
    Join Date
    Nov 24 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    33,301
    Quote Originally Posted by kellyb View Post
    How do you know god exists?
    Personal experience. Basically, He brings you to a point where you have to decide whether you believe Him or not. He doesn't force Himself on you, because if He did, faith wouldn't be an issue. But I DO know this. God will always reveal Himself to the sincere seeker.
    Hillary: "We cannot let a minority of people … hold a viewpoint that terrorizes the majority of people.". Welcome to Mind Control Central, USA.

  3. #263
    Join Date
    Sep 21 2001
    Location
    searching for intelligent
    Posts
    24,627
    Quote Originally Posted by hadit View Post
    Personal experience. Basically, He brings you to a point where you have to decide whether you believe Him or not. He doesn't force Himself on you, because if He did, faith wouldn't be an issue. But I DO know this. God will always reveal Himself to the sincere seeker.
    Yeah, I always loved that one. If you don't believe in God its because you didn't look hard enough.


    I represent the angry, gun toting meat eating people. ~ Denis Leary

    The same shepherd that protects the flock leads them to the slaughterhouse.

  4. #264
    Join Date
    Dec 07 2006
    Location
    Northwest Peninsula
    Posts
    12,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Ranger View Post
    He didn't literally create us that way. We just evolved as such. We are simply vehicles for our beneficial gene mutations.

    Assuming that there is supposed to be a paradise on Earth is your first mistake.
    So what you're saying is you believe in evolution?
    _____________________________________________
    I WILL NOT INSULT YOUR INTELLIGENCE BUT YOUR LACK OF INTELLECT IS FAIR GAME

    Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it. Going Postal

  5. #265
    Join Date
    Sep 22 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    36,004
    Of course.

  6. #266
    Join Date
    Sep 22 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    36,004
    Quote Originally Posted by jwreck View Post
    Yeah, I always loved that one. If you don't believe in God its because you didn't look hard enough.
    More likely than not, you didn't look at all.

  7. #267
    Join Date
    Sep 21 2001
    Location
    searching for intelligent
    Posts
    24,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Ranger View Post
    More likely than not, you didn't look at all.
    Like I said, you don't know shit about science or me, but keep talking Moe, because you make me laugh.


    I represent the angry, gun toting meat eating people. ~ Denis Leary

    The same shepherd that protects the flock leads them to the slaughterhouse.

  8. #268
    hadit is offline Super Moderator Super Mod
    Join Date
    Nov 24 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    33,301
    Quote Originally Posted by jwreck View Post
    Yeah, I always loved that one. If you don't believe in God its because you didn't look hard enough.
    When you've never looked at all, it's kind of difficult to claim there's nothing to look for. You choose whether you believe or not. That's completely up to you, which is the whole point.
    Hillary: "We cannot let a minority of people … hold a viewpoint that terrorizes the majority of people.". Welcome to Mind Control Central, USA.

  9. #269
    Join Date
    Sep 21 2001
    Location
    searching for intelligent
    Posts
    24,627
    Quote Originally Posted by hadit View Post
    When you've never looked at all, it's kind of difficult to claim there's nothing to look for. You choose whether you believe or not. That's completely up to you, which is the whole point.
    You presume much.


    I represent the angry, gun toting meat eating people. ~ Denis Leary

    The same shepherd that protects the flock leads them to the slaughterhouse.

  10. #270
    Join Date
    Sep 22 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    36,004
    Quote Originally Posted by jwreck View Post
    Like I said, you don't know shit about science or me, but keep talking Moe, because you make me laugh.
    You can keep opening your ignorant, uneducated trap, but you won't look any less stupid.

  11. #271
    hadit is offline Super Moderator Super Mod
    Join Date
    Nov 24 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    33,301
    Quote Originally Posted by jwreck View Post
    You presume much.
    Yes I do, because I know God. If you want to find Him, you will.
    Hillary: "We cannot let a minority of people … hold a viewpoint that terrorizes the majority of people.". Welcome to Mind Control Central, USA.

  12. #272
    Join Date
    Jul 19 2005
    Posts
    1,112
    Quote Originally Posted by hadit View Post
    Yes I do, because I know God. If you want to find Him, you will.
    People who really want to have psychic experiences and see ghosts and start with a faith that it's going to happen get their wish, too.

  13. #273
    Join Date
    Sep 21 2001
    Location
    searching for intelligent
    Posts
    24,627
    Quote Originally Posted by hadit View Post
    Yes I do, because I know God. If you want to find Him, you will.
    Yeah, that's it. I just never wanted to find God. I never wanted to be like everyone else. Of course I never wanted to be accepted by my family and my community. I just didn't want to find God out of spite. In fact the whole reason I'm not Christian right now is pure spite, because I just hate Jesus and I hate my parents.


    I represent the angry, gun toting meat eating people. ~ Denis Leary

    The same shepherd that protects the flock leads them to the slaughterhouse.

  14. #274
    Join Date
    Sep 22 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    36,004
    Maybe all that sarcasm has something to do with it.

  15. #275
    Join Date
    Sep 21 2001
    Location
    searching for intelligent
    Posts
    24,627
    Its funny to see who has to make this personal instead of making a valid point.


    I represent the angry, gun toting meat eating people. ~ Denis Leary

    The same shepherd that protects the flock leads them to the slaughterhouse.

  16. #276
    Join Date
    Sep 22 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    36,004
    It is a valid point. Your ego won't let you see it.

  17. #277
    Join Date
    Sep 21 2001
    Location
    searching for intelligent
    Posts
    24,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Ranger View Post
    It is a valid point. Your ego won't let you see it.
    So God doesn't like sarcastic smartasses? I don't remember reading that verse.


    I represent the angry, gun toting meat eating people. ~ Denis Leary

    The same shepherd that protects the flock leads them to the slaughterhouse.

  18. #278
    Join Date
    Jul 19 2005
    Posts
    1,112
    Quote Originally Posted by jwreck View Post
    Yeah, that's it. I just never wanted to find God. I never wanted to be like everyone else. Of course I never wanted to be accepted by my family and my community. I just didn't want to find God out of spite. In fact the whole reason I'm not Christian right now is pure spite, because I just hate Jesus and I hate my parents.
    Oh, you know the psychological crutch of believing life is just one weird accident, and we're probably alone in the universe, stranded on a little blue rock, with no oversight or guidance, hurling our way through space quasi-meaninglessly, is just too sweet to give up.

  19. #279
    Join Date
    Sep 22 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    36,004
    Quote Originally Posted by jwreck View Post
    So God doesn't like sarcastic smartasses? I don't remember reading that verse.
    Absolutely. The meek inherit the Earth, not sarcastic dickheads.

  20. #280
    Join Date
    Sep 22 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    36,004
    Quote Originally Posted by kellyb View Post
    People who really want to have psychic experiences and see ghosts and start with a faith that it's going to happen get their wish, too.
    Perhaps,. but they sometimes happen to people who are dead set against believing in them as well.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Jesus the Spiritual Warrior vs Jesus the Sacrificial Lamb
    By Sasta in forum The 'Big' Debates
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-04-2010, 11:25 AM
  2. Jesus the Nazarene and Jesus the Christ.
    By Manfred in forum The 'Big' Debates
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-08-2006, 12:52 PM
  3. Warm fuzzy Jesus, Or mean Jesus???
    By angelone in forum The 'Big' Debates
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-05-2006, 07:51 PM
  4. Did Jesus Christ exist? Italian court tries to decide
    By Jay GW in forum Political Debate
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 01-30-2006, 12:11 PM
  5. God Does Not Exist
    By Squalo in forum The 'Big' Debates
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-13-2002, 09:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •