Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Rush Limbaugh to student wanting free contraceptives : prostitute.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
    Anyone who needs to degrade women with sexual barbs in order to offer his or her point of view on the topic has issues. Rush was out of line as was Shultz when he did the same.
    he didn't degrade women. this woman made a show of herself, willingly, on the national stage, involving herself in a ridiculous, circus-like proceeding, and pegging the irony meter, and a man with a radio program called her out and deconstructed the whole affair. now the world is on fire. in the meantime, one of the newest prime-time television programs is called "good christian bitches", a program which perpetuates a whole assortment of negative stereotypes and caricatures of southern, christian women. did the president call a selection of christian women from dallas to see if they were "ok"? is there outrage from women's groups? are you enraged about such "out of line" language and stereotyping here on this forum? the answer is no, in short. in fact, the show is praised as witty, and clever, and edgy.

the selective outrage about these sorts of things is embarrassing.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by optimus View Post
    STFU asshole.
    brilliant.

i wonder how many of your nearly fifteen thousand posts are equally as devoid of content and value.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - Winston Churchill

Did someone just say "sexual barbs"?
    My IQ would blow your mind.... I have been asked to join Mensa... I just do not want to pay dues. - Vader

Quote Originally Posted by kellyb View Post
    I think the idea is that married women who want contraception covered by insurance are just parasitic moochers.
    From what I have gathered here, it is only the single women who want birth control covered who are sluts, it doesn't matter if we know nothing about their sexual history. They are by definition sluts. The married women who want birth control just don't know their place or their role because who doesn't want to keep popping out children. God forbid they should want to engage in family planning or limit the number of children they have... for whatever reasons.

Now, all of this can be thrown out the window if you disagree with her politics or her views. If that is the case, single or married, she can be called whatever derogatory name you choose.

Vindex, actually your post was covered in one of the many other threads on Sandra Fluke. Fluke paid $1895/year for her health insurance. In fact, Georgetown requires that students have health insurance (a quick google search will confirm this, if you doubt it). Nobody is paying for her birth control except Fluke, all she was asking is that it be covered by the health insurance she is paying for, since paying out of pocket can be $50-100/month. Also Mary is correct... Fluke said birth control can cost up to $3,000 during the time they are students there. She didn't say $3000 per year.

Anyhow, Rush got his info wrong but I wouldn't expect any of his minions to fact check what he said. He's got his masses too brainwashed.
    Last edited by Lulu; 03-05-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vindex View Post
    brilliant.

i wonder how many of your nearly fifteen thousand posts are equally as devoid of content and value.
    It's all your posts are worthy of.

I'm extremely disappointed in Limbaugh for his apology. What a pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zordar View Post
    He's trying to keep the last advertisers he has left...

I agree. He's a huge pussy. Real men never apologize for anything.

Perhaps you can find solace in the fact that the apology wasn't sincere.
    Safe to kill
    it all comes back or
    stick it out and
    wage my own attack

Lift me up through
    what I've found
    bite my lip
    how far down is down?

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Vindex, actually your post was covered in one of the many other threads on Sandra Fluke. Fluke paid $1895/year for her health insurance. In fact, Georgetown requires that students have health insurance (a quick google search will confirm this, if you doubt it). Nobody is paying for her birth control except Fluke, all she was asking is that it be covered by the health insurance she is paying for, since paying out of pocket can be $50-100/month. Also Mary is correct... Fluke said birth control can cost up to $3,000 during the time they are students there. She didn't say $3000 per year.

Anyhow, Rush got his info wrong but I wouldn't expect any of his minions to fact check what he said. He's got his masses too brainwashed.
    as has been stated before, birth control used for it's primary purpose(preventing pregnancy), has nothing to do with a medical condition, or with preventing an illness or disease, so there is no logical mandate that it be covered by insurance. secondly, georgetown, a private institution, holds a religious conviction that would preclude contraception from being included in any insurance it would provide. thirdly, and again as previously mentioned, 50-100 dollars a month, considering the actual, prevailing out-of-pocket cost for contraception, is inflated, which is not surprising, given the source, and the circus she participated in. lastly, she went before congress and beseeched lawmakers to stand behind legislation that would force the aforementioned institution to provide her and others like her with the means of engaging in this optional behavior, free of consequence. it all still stands.

as has been stated before, birth control used for it's primary purpose(preventing pregnancy), has nothing to do with a medical condition, or with preventing an illness or disease,
    Pregnancy is a medical condition.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyb View Post
    Pregnancy is a medical condition.
    How can you consider something natural as a disease? The unborn child can have medical conditions, but life itself is not a medical condition, unless you are pulling your definition of "medical condition" out yer butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Š† View Post
    How can you consider something natural as a disease? The unborn child can have medical conditions, but life itself is not a medical condition, unless you are pulling your definition of "medical condition" out yer butt.
    http://www.who.int/healthinfo/statis.../en/index.html

Complications during pregnancy and childbirth are a leading cause of death and disability among women of reproductive age in developing countries.
    Pregnancy isn't a "disease" but "natural" has nothing to do with that. Actual diseases are perfectly natural, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    He's trying to keep the last advertisers he has left...
    And get new ones at much lower rates then he's ever gotten before.

I listened to his show today (for the frist time in eons) to hear how that bozo Limbaugh would spin it,and most of the ads I heard were public service announcements.

Quote Originally Posted by optimus View Post
    I agree. He's a huge pussy. Real men never apologize for anything.
    It is difficult for any decent person to sit back and not comment on the anti-Semitism,racism ,sexism ,and all-around ignorance espoused on the majority of DA's posts,it's fucking sad when one gets a warning for simply being a decent person.

Speaking of medical conditions, are you sure you tuned into the correct radio station Teller!

he didn't degrade women. this woman made a show of herself, willingly, on the national stage, involving herself in a ridiculous, circus-like proceeding, and pegging the irony meter, and a man with a radio program called her out and deconstructed the whole affair. now the world is on fire. in the meantime, one of the newest prime-time television programs is called "good christian bitches", a program which perpetuates a whole assortment of negative stereotypes and caricatures of southern, christian women. did the president call a selection of christian women from dallas to see if they were "ok"? is there outrage from women's groups? are you enraged about such "out of line" language and stereotyping here on this forum? the answer is no, in short. in fact, the show is praised as witty, and clever, and edgy.

the selective outrage about these sorts of things is embarrassing.
    I can destruct another person's without insulting them as he did and in the way he did. It was sleazy and honestly very lefty like in it's manner.

Selective my ass.

I think anyone who does what Shultz and Rush have done(calling women sluts for having an opinion and voicing it) is equally a jackass pig.

I do agree he should not have apologized. I think he believes what he says and should stand by it always. I do not want him fired either. I believe free speech is for all and that it exposes much about people.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom&Liberty View Post
    Did someone just say "sexual barbs"?
    You slut!

I do agree he should not have apologized. I think he believes what he says and should stand by it always. I do not want him fired either. I believe free speech is for all and that it exposes much about people.
    Agree one million percent with the first part, not so much the second. I know two people who know Rush, one who actually worked for him, and both say his radio/TV persona is at least 70% an act, and that you can set your clocks by the "controversies" he creates. I'm inclined to agree with this assessment.

Rush knew exactly what he was getting into when he called her a slut, and I applaud him for his efforts in hurting people's feelings and stirring the pot. But I call him a big fat pussy for caving and apologizing. A true performer sticks with it until the end, not just when his sponsors get squeamish. Fuck Rush.

Thread Information