Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: Collegienne complains that so many coeds are having sex, their Catholic school must pay for contrace

hadit is offline Super Moderator Super Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    No, you won't.
    Why should anyone be forced to pay for a guy to get it up? Just so we're clear, bitch bitch bitch. There, I bitched about it.

Because at the core of this issue, it's sexism. It's treating women like they are children and not able to make decisions for themselves. If something is approved by the FDA, it is not recreational.
    In the vast majority of cases, that's exactly what it is. It is used to allow people to have sex without fear of getting pregnant. In some cases, it really is used to treat medical conditions.

Yet you have no problem with schools requiring students to pay $1895/year and profiting from costly insurance that doesn't take care of their needs.
    Why should schools be forced to provide insurance at all? Under the current law, students can remain on their parents' policies until well into adulthood. It sounds like these students should be taking it up with Mom and Dad.
    Last edited by hadit; 03-03-2012 at 12:57 PM.
    Hillary: "We cannot let a minority of people … hold a viewpoint that terrorizes the majority of people.". Welcome to Mind Control Central, USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom&Liberty View Post
    You're a fucking idiot. Being normal doesn't require treatment.
    But being normal does require contraception. And, according to research, not having sex is highly unhealthy.

Of course, medicine and health aren't entirely about treating disease. In some cases, they do nothing other than prevent them through lifestyle.

hadit is offline Super Moderator Super Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Ranger View Post
    Of course they are. They're the essence of human life.
    That would make hunger a medical condition, which brings it under the healthcare umbrella, which means the government can dictate Kosher delis have to provide non-kosher items for free. But that's not what you meant, is it?
    Hillary: "We cannot let a minority of people … hold a viewpoint that terrorizes the majority of people.". Welcome to Mind Control Central, USA.

If contraception shouldn't be covered, why should pregnancy be covered?

Also:
    http://www.webmd.com/sex/birth-control/vasectomy-14387
    Although vasectomy is expensive, it is a one-time cost and is often covered by medical insurance.
    Should that be changed?

But being normal does require contraception.
    No, it doesn't.
    My IQ would blow your mind.... I have been asked to join Mensa... I just do not want to pay dues. - Vader

No, it doesn't.
    It does if you want to limit the number of children you have to the number you can properly care for.

That's for individuals to decide, not government or insurance companies.
    My IQ would blow your mind.... I have been asked to join Mensa... I just do not want to pay dues. - Vader

That's for individuals to decide, not government or insurance companies.
    I agree. If insurance companies or the gov were trying to force people into contraceptives, it would be an outrage.
    But covering vasectomies and contraceptives isn't doing that. Covering those things gives people greater liberty to healthily live their lives the way they choose and have the number of children they desire and can properly care for.

Quote Originally Posted by hadit View Post
    That would make hunger a medical condition, which brings it under the healthcare umbrella, which means the government can dictate Kosher delis have to provide non-kosher items for free. But that's not what you meant, is it?
    We've been through this before. That's not an insurance issue.

No, it doesn't.
    Or, risking one's health by giving birth to unwanted children.

Sex is a choice. If you don't want children, don't have sex.

Sex is about WAY more than procreation. You're being overly simplistic with that statement. Pregnancy is but one of many outcomes of sex.
    ***2009 DA Rookie of the Year***

Quote Originally Posted by Adanch View Post
    I like it!!! Dick and all!

Quote Originally Posted by fat mike View Post
    we need to keep tinkerbelle out of jail-the lesbians would kill each other trying to get at her

Quote Originally Posted by kellyb View Post
    I agree. If insurance companies or the gov were trying to force people into contraceptives, it would be an outrage.
    But covering vasectomies and contraceptives isn't doing that. Covering those things gives people greater liberty to healthily live their lives the way they choose and have the number of children they desire and can properly care for.
    Providing things that are unnatural doesn't promote anyone's liberty. If you can't afford kids, don't have sex.

No, it's not a choice. It's an instinct bred into us by evolution, and if you want to be healthy, you need to have sex. Various types of illnesses and cancer are far more likely to occur in the celibate, for example.

Since it's the point of health insurance to provide the implements of health, contraceptives should be covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly Mary View Post
    Sex is about WAY more than procreation. You're being overly simplistic with that statement. Pregnancy is but one of many outcomes of sex.
    Only because contraception exists. Procreation is the only one that really matters.

Providing things that are unnatural doesn't promote anyone's liberty. If you can't afford kids, don't have sex.
    So married people who don't want kids should never have sex?

That seems natural to you?

Only because contraception exists. Procreation is the only one that really matters.
    How old are you? Are you married?

No, it's not a choice. It's an instinct bred into us by evolution, and if you want to be healthy, you need to have sex. Various types of illnesses and cancer are far more likely to occur in the celibate, for example.

Since it's the point of health insurance to provide the implements of health, contraceptives should be covered.
    Contraceptives don't make people healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyb View Post
    So married people who don't want kids should never have sex?

That seems natural to you?
    They don't need government or insurance to get contraception. It's readily available for purchase and there is a free, perfectly safe alternative.
    Last edited by Freedom&Liberty; 03-03-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Contraceptives don't make people healthy.
    Of course they do. Pregnancy is always a threat to a mother's health.

Thread Information