Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7 Gas Facts The M E S S I A H Cannot Escape

Quote Originally Posted by IFF View Post

1. how does this compare to permits being applied for?
    2. After the BP debacle, maybe cautionary approach in regards offshore drilling is a good thing
    3: this would apply to new oil rigs. could there have been a maximum reached in prior periods. there is not an everlasting supply of oil so the more taken out previously, the less there is to take out now.
    1. Permits are down because of government regulations.

2. Knee jerk reaction. The drilling in the Gulf has been going on for years without an major mishap.

3. True there is not an everlasting supply, but my question is why does the government allow for gas and oil exports. Wouldn't be better to make the oil companies sell here first until the prices fell to a more manageable level. Maybe a gas export tax?
    Its is also estimated that North America has the third larges oil reserve in the world and we have barely touched it.

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it. Going Postal

Quote Originally Posted by Cd. View Post
    The GOPigs are really getting desperate when they have to resort to such transparent lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Trying to argue facts with republitards will not help you. That see only what they want and have no regard for anything else.
    You are both morons....these are statement made by members of the Obama administration. If you think they are lies, fine but go after the right sources.

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it. Going Postal

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboss View Post
    Do you believe he's going to get up there and say his real feelings on the topic? I notice that the NY Times didn't actually quote him in this statement. "The answer is efficiency, using less so that even if the price rises, the bill does not, he said. " I'm curious after they quoted him directly on other statements, why not there?
    that's a good question. maybe they summarised what he said after that. these intellectual types get wordy sometimes. i don't know why they don't quote him directly. i'd have prefered if they did.
    i also could have used blogs which use that article quote as being directly from mr chu but i don't like blogs as sources of information and that would have been dishonest on my part.

Regardless, do you believe that he desires higher gas prices or not? I think it's pretty obvious that he does.
    i don't know what he desires.
    personally i find it questionable when a litre of petrol can be sold for less than a litre of water. (for example - ballygowan 500ml is €1 and petrol here for a litre is €1.50). i don't think the cost of petrol takes in the full effect it has.

There is no policy except crony green energy capitalism that isn't helping.
    i absolutely agree. let's ban all corporate (and trade union) donations to help lower crony capitalism although i am realistic that this won't eradicate it fully.

Don't you think that if they began fast tracking permits that it would encourage more? The problem is that they are holding them up and not approving them.
    my view would be that all permit application should be fully considered before being granted or denied. i'd be nervous when it comes to fast tracking most things.

Nope. There is oil all over the place, they just won't allow us to get it.
    BP even recognise that the oil supply will end some day.
    http://www.monbiot.com/2006/06/13/still-drilling/

according to http://fossil-fuel.co.uk/oil/how-oil-is-formed it takes millions of years to form oil so eventually considering current usage levels, then it will run because of the time it takes to form

Quote Originally Posted by antiquity View Post
    3. True there is not an everlasting supply, but my question is why does the government allow for gas and oil exports. Wouldn't be better to make the oil companies sell here first until the prices fell to a more manageable level. Maybe a gas export tax?
    Its is also estimated that North America has the third larges oil reserve in the world and we have barely touched it.
    there is the cost of the drilling operation. in many places, the cost of drilling is too expensive with oil prices where they are now so maybe they are waiting for oil to increase further to make it profitable to drill in these places.

also the benefit of exporting is that it brings in foreign money to the country and thus the employment level is increased by the use of the foreign money to make american jobs.
    Last edited by IFF; 03-01-2012 at 01:45 PM.
    e. e. cummings is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Cd. View Post
    The GOPigs are really getting desperate when they have to resort to such transparent lies.
    They are documented quotes. How can that be a transparent lie?

Thread Information