Thread: Can You Guess What McDonald’s Food Item This Is?

Can You Guess What McDonald’s Food Item This Is?

One of my favorite holistic websites. Thought I would share.

Answer at link

OK that just made me sick. How can people eat this crap? I've cut out most processed foods these days and feel much better. I used to know a guy who worked at a lumber mill during college. He claimed that one of the biggest buyers of sawdust was McD's - they used it for filler.

Sawdust? What do they put it in?

The hamburgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    OK that just made me sick. How can people eat this crap? I've cut out most processed foods these days and feel much better. I used to know a guy who worked at a lumber mill during college. He claimed that one of the biggest buyers of sawdust was McD's - they used it for filler.
    Sorry. I had the same reaction Lulu. I don't trust government much and the food industry even less. Fast food is to be avoided always or as much as possible. My thing is if I want some "guilty food" on the run I try to use a non-chain place that I know uses decent product. Local deli or local sub shop type of place. I think the hook or addiction for crappy fast food could easily be stopped if more people read about what they are eating.

Agreed. I'm on the road a lot so it's tempting to do drive-through but the food is disgusting. There's a McD's right next to my gym and the people driving through there in the morning look like hell. Overweight and unhealthy.

The hamburgers.
    What the hell? Why?

Agreed. I'm on the road a lot so it's tempting to do drive-through but the food is disgusting. There's a McD's right next to my gym and I swear the people who I see driving through there is the morning look like hell. Overweight and unhealthy.
    Yup.

Any regular diet of fast food is going to make a person look like shit. I honestly fear for the kids who are fed that stuff by their parents and then never stop when they grow up. They will all be dead before 50 or so sick they will wish they were.

Quote Originally Posted by optimus View Post
    What the hell? Why?
    It's cheap. Now I don't know if this is urban legend or not but I'm just passing along the information.

Man that looks so disgusting :X

NJ Refugee is offline White and Nerdy Premium Member
    When I saw the picture, my first reaction was "Soft Serve Ice Cream, Strawberry". Like the kind of stuff they make the Strawberry Shakes out of.

Then I read the article.

I will never eat McDondald's again.

And I will attempt to convince people I know to not eat Mickey Dee's either.
    A country which counts Diversity as its strength is defended by an organization which relies on strict Uniformity.

So, are we a strong nation defended by a weak military ... or a weak nation defended by a strong military ?

About a decade ago I was broke as broke, so I had to stop eating out, and only ate food I cooked at home, fresh products, with little meat. After about a year of it I ate at BK and felt like shit. It's really horrible stuff, you just don't realize it if you're used to it.
    "All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell [the bible] teaches us how to run all our public policy and everything in society." Rep. Paul Broun (R)

"I hope I live to see the day when, as in the early days of our country, we won't have any public schools. The churches will have taken them over again and Christians will be running them. What a happy day that will be!" -- Jerry Falwell

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
    One of my favorite holistic websites. Thought I would share.

Answer at link

Chicken McNuggets.

Next question?

Quote Originally Posted by BooRadley View Post
    About a decade ago I was broke as broke, so I had to stop eating out, and only ate food I cooked at home, fresh products, with little meat. After about a year of it I ate at BK and felt like shit. It's really horrible stuff, you just don't realize it if you're used to it.
    When I was a young student/bachelor I did my own cooking because I couldn't afford fast food. I liked Spam and macaroni & cheese, and that was pretty much all I ate. The woman I married was all about fresh food only, organic, and a wide variety of everything imaginable and over time I became accustomed to that.

The first time she went to visit her sick mother without me I made myself Spam with m&c and it was horrible. The Spam was repulsive and the m&c was salty and full of fat. I learned my lesson.

I'm sure I'd be dead by now if I'd continued eating as I had been, or even if I'd been eating normal US fare (judging from the sick, fat people my age I see limping or Hoverounding about in public). Her attention to good nutritional cooking has no doubt added decades to my life, which I suppose is what she had in mind for us both.

Looking back, the last time we ate at a restaurant that had a drive-up window was sometime before I retired, 2003 or earlier.

Misteria is offline DA Figment of imagination Premium Member
    Thats an urban legend... seen it many times and so no true.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/foo...ed-Chicken.htm

FYI

The only meat used in McDonald’s Chicken McNuggets is chicken breast meat. The white meat is minced before being shaped into nuggets, and then coated with a specially seasoned batter at our trusted suppliers, such as Keystone Foods.

I dont eat Mcdonalds but even I could see it was not true the first time I saw that foto that was forwarded to me by email so I did my research and suprise suprise its a fake.
    Last edited by Misteria; 04-19-2012 at 01:34 PM.

The good news is that some of these pink slime factories are going out of business. Consumers need to be a lot more proactive and pay more attention to their food sources and safety.

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,1738478.story

.... think I'll make my own nuggets from now on

Thread Information