Thread: BO Sets Another Record

BO Sets Another Record

Some 15% of U.S. Uses Food Stamps

By Phil Izzo

Nearly 15% of the U.S. population relied on food stamps in August, as the number of recipients hit 45.8 million.

Food stamp rolls have risen 8.1% in the past year, the Department of Agriculture reported...
    http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2011/..._share_twitter

The chief marxist is doing a wonderful job with the US economy, every kooker should be proud.

Cd. is offline Usually harmless Discussion Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2011/..._share_twitter

The chief marxist is doing a wonderful job with the US economy, every kooker should be proud.
    Oh bugger off with you "marxist" garbage, will you?

Do you not even know that Food Stamps were created by the US Department of Agriculture to supplement the income of farmers while feeding poor families?

I would guess that the right wing solution to the problem is to let the poor starve.
    The best thing about aging is that I stopped caring what other people think about me. I do not live my life to impress anyone and have nothing to prove to anyone. Its really quite liberating.

hadit is online now Super Moderator Super Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Cd. View Post

Do you not even know that Food Stamps were created by the US Department of Agriculture to supplement the income of farmers while feeding poor families?

I would guess that the right wing solution to the problem is to let the poor starve.
    The right wing solution is to let the job creating engines run at full power so those who are willing and able to work can, while making sure those who CANNOT are protected.
    Hillary: "We cannot let a minority of people … hold a viewpoint that terrorizes the majority of people.". Welcome to Mind Control Central, USA.

The solution would be for the marxists in Washington to get the hell out of the way of the American people. Shut the hell up, and sit down, so Americans can do what they do best.

Exercise capitalism without big gov't interference.

Quote Originally Posted by hadit View Post
    The right wing solution is to let the job creating engines run at full power so those who are willing and able to work can, while making sure those who CANNOT are protected.
    Bullshit! The right wing solution, as Mitt Romney had done as a CEO is to ship jobs off to China and India and force Americans to compete for starvation wages.
    The best thing about aging is that I stopped caring what other people think about me. I do not live my life to impress anyone and have nothing to prove to anyone. Its really quite liberating.

The solution would be for the marxists in Washington to get the hell out of the way of the American people. Shut the hell up, and sit down, so Americans can do what they do best.

Exercise capitalism without big gov't interference.
    What the hell do YOU know about the American People?
    Capitalism is about the elite fucking the rest of us up the ass! It has NOTHING to do with democracy!

Capitalism is about the elite fucking the rest of us up the ass! It has NOTHING to do with democracy!
    So you don't "vote" with your dollars every time you choose Company A over Company B?

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Tator View Post
    So you don't "vote" with your dollars every time you choose Company A over Company B?
    Except when company A merges with company B and squeezes company C out of the picture entirely.

Except when company A merges with company B and squeezes company C out of the picture entirely.
    And how do they squeeze Company C out of the picture?

Bullshit! The right wing solution, as Mitt Romney had done as a CEO is to ship jobs off to China and India and force Americans to compete for starvation wages.
    If you are not a rightwinger, you have no standing to define the rightwing solution. It's as simple as that. And why do you hate the poor so much that you don't want them to be able to afford cheap stuff at WalMart?
    Hillary: "We cannot let a minority of people … hold a viewpoint that terrorizes the majority of people.". Welcome to Mind Control Central, USA.

What the hell do YOU know about the American People?
    I know the American people have practiced capitalism for over 200 years and have built a nation unsurpassed in the history of the world.

To a commie perhaps. Where would we be without capitalism? Living like Cuba?

Do you not even know that Food Stamps were created by the US Department of Agriculture to supplement the income of farmers...
    Then we can conclude that Cd is in favor of corporate welfare
    "We're appalled by the situation. It went past not doing everything they could... they got in our way."....Michael Foley, brother of James Foley

Unions that allow bus drivers to retire on a 105K pension are the ones forcing others to compete for "starvation" wages. I wonder how many poor people, you know, the ones that ride public transportation, had to skrimp to pay their fair to keep this man living fat off the hog. It's those same unions that compell corporations to look outside our country for workers because they have been priced out of competition on the global market
    "We're appalled by the situation. It went past not doing everything they could... they got in our way."....Michael Foley, brother of James Foley

Company C must be some big union controlled Solyndra type business that doesn't have a snowball's chance in Tahiti of making it without leftist gov't handouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Tator View Post
    And how do they squeeze Company C out of the picture?
    Its how monopolies and trusts are created. This is why Theodore Roosevelt, a Republican began anti trust legislation. Which was later killed by Reagan. And guess what, we are seeing Ameritech merging with ATT and then with who knows what else. We see banks merging and what happens next? One big bank?
    Quote Originally Posted by hadit View Post
    If you are not a rightwinger, you have no standing to define the rightwing solution. It's as simple as that. And why do you hate the poor so much that you don't want them to be able to afford cheap stuff at WalMart?
    Is that a joke? I support cheap stuff, but why not instead put up trade barriers (like the EU and China have) and developed a highly paid manufacturing base in the US?

I know the American people have practiced capitalism for over 200 years and have built a nation unsurpassed in the history of the world.
    Well it is unsurpassed in the number of people in prisons, or in the fact that it is the only industrial democracy that does not have a national health care system, or lets see what else? More gun owners, more unequal wealth, the only democracy which has a death penalty?

Yes you are right.

To a commie perhaps. Where would we be without capitalism? Living like Cuba?
    Well America is owned by China, a communist nation. The US has an open door to china, allowing them to produce cheap shit and dump it on the US Market.

Consider the Right wingers view of a perfect society, lots of prisons, severe penalties, death penalty, laws against consensual behavior? Sounds like Cuba to me.

Quote Originally Posted by caddis View Post
    Unions that allow bus drivers to retire on a 105K pension are the ones forcing others to compete for "starvation" wages. I wonder how many poor people, you know, the ones that ride public transportation, had to skrimp to pay their fair to keep this man living fat off the hog. It's those same unions that compell corporations to look outside our country for workers because they have been priced out of competition on the global market
    You are full of it! No buss driver makes that much or has a pension like that.
    But if wage earners did get that much then they would be spending it and boosting the economy. Increasing wages creates an increase in demand. This is what stimulates the economy.

You are full of it! No buss driver makes that much or has a pension like that.
    http://www.discussanything.com/forum...-105-000!-GASP!

But if wage earners did get that much then they would be spending it and boosting the economy. Increasing wages creates an increase in demand. This is what stimulates the economy.
    You are correct...The poor people who's slave wages were garnished to pay higher fairs or the average Joe taxpayer the bus driver grafted in order to steal a criminal pension do not spend that same money and pump up the economy.

Way to defend immoral activity

Union Yes!

Is that a joke? I support cheap stuff, but why not instead put up trade barriers (like the EU and China have) and developed a highly paid manufacturing base in the US?
    Because this is reality, not a fairy tale where the disaffected can make things happen just by wishing and demanding that it be. If you want a highly paid manufacturing base in the US with trade barriers, you won't have cheap stuff.

CD lives inside of a Chinese finger puzzle.
    My IQ would blow your mind.... I have been asked to join Mensa... I just do not want to pay dues. - Vader

Thread Information