PDA

View Full Version : Do some asian people have blonde or red hair?

Cd.
07-13-2007, 12:30 PM
The reason I ask this is because I had this discussion with someone about Anime series. In several of them, which are based in Japan there are characters who distinctly european features. For instance Bleach has a main character named Ichigo (meaning "strawberry") who has red hair.

One person I talked to said that it may be that the characters either color their hair or are of mixed race.

In the case of Ichigo he has parents who are native Japanese and had red hair from an early age?

Is it possible that some natives of this region have different colored hair? Or is this an artistic liberety made by the artist.

I would add that I did know a young woman a while back who was in school. She said she was born in Japan but looked distinctly european. Though I did not ask her, I think at least one of her parents were from the west.

Ironweed
07-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Is it possible that some natives of this region have different colored hair? Or is this an artistic liberety made by the artist.

I believe certain Mongols can have blond hair. I'll see if I can't remember where I saw the pictures.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/secrets/case_amazon/clues.html

To uncover the genetic link between nine-year-old Meiramgul, the blond child of the mountains of western Mongolia, and the long-dead women warriors of the Eurasian steppes, researchers examined snippets of a particular type of genetic information called mitochondrial DNA.

Each cell in a plant or animal carries two varieties of deoxyribonucleic acid, or DNA. Within the nucleus of the cell is the full genetic complement, or genome, representing all of the genes that give an organism its particular characteristics and allow it to function. In humans this nuclear DNA is represented by two sets of 23 chromosomes, one set each passed on by the mother and father. One pair of these chromosomes determines the sex of the individual; a nuclear DNA analysis was used to determine the female gender of the warriors unearthed by archaeologist Jeannine Davis-Kimball and her colleagues during the excavations featured in SECRETS OF THE DEAD: "Amazon Warrior Women."

What I'm looking for (and can't find) is a picture I saw of the girl at the link on horseback. Really a cool shot. You'd almost believe in Amazons after seeing it.

soylentgreen
07-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Or is this an artistic liberety made by the artist.
I think this is the case. I've been to Japan 12 times and my wife is Japanese.

All Japanese people have black hair and brown eyes (excluding albinos or whatever). However, the "sameness" of having black hair is driving almost every female in the country to die her hair. Most go with a dark brown or red which looks very nice and natural ("chapatsu"). Then there are those that go for the blonde ("kimpatsu"), bright red, blue, etc. Of course, the outrageous colors are not very common...particularly in places outside of the major metro areas.

I see lots of anime characters with blue hair. I guess I never really thought much about it...

Gibson
07-13-2007, 12:37 PM
I believe certain Mongrels can have blond hair. I'll see if I can't remember where I saw the pictures.
You racist bastard :shakefist

Ironweed
07-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Roman descendants found in China?
By Richard Spencer in Liqian, north-west China
Last Updated: 12:36am GMT 04/02/2007

Richard Spencer meets the residents of Liqian
Residents of a remote Chinese village are hoping that DNA tests will prove one of history's most unlikely legends — that they are descended from Roman legionaries lost in antiquity.

Scientists have taken blood samples from 93 people living in and around Liqian, a settlement in north-western China on the fringes of the Gobi desert, more than 200 miles from the nearest city.

They are seeking an explanation for the unusual number of local people with western characteristics — green eyes, big noses, and even blonde hair — mixed with traditional Chinese features.

Continued (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=IZYDJV5GXV0OLQFIQMFSFFWAVCBQ 0IV0?xml=/news/2007/02/02/wroman02.xml )

Ironweed
07-13-2007, 12:52 PM
You racsist bastard :shakefist

Damn, my I've blown my cover. *Slinks back to Stormfront.* :p

Red shine´y
07-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Dark hair follow dominant phenotype and you only need one of the parents genes to express it. Blond hair require both genes since they are recessive.
Suppose a pair, both carriers of recessive gene for blond hair, "combine their genes" *nudge nudge* and you inherit both genes for blondeness... vóila! two dark haired parents get a blonde child.
Of course there are blonde asians. People move a lot... mutations accure...

oki
07-13-2007, 03:03 PM
yea japan has a little variety but its very very little, just about all people I saw in japan had black hair and dark eyes.
crim, in japanese movies, they all dye their hair as well.

wallflower
07-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Why do the blond have to make themselves tan?

Gibson
07-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Damn, my I've blown my cover. *Slinks back to Stormfront.* :p
LOL :p Sorry, just thought I'd make a funny :nice:

Red shine´y
07-13-2007, 05:06 PM
yea japan has a little variety but its very very little, just about all people I saw in japan had black hair and dark eyes.
crim, in japanese movies, they all dye their hair as well.
Well yes, youve been there recently Oki-san... but I guess that Japan was virtually closed to foreigners until just a moment ago, evolutionary speaking. One only need to go to China to experience that no wall could keep ppl from migrating around Asia.
Yeah, funny about bad guys, now that you mentioned it :cool: seams like Japs are just as great racists as we all are :D

oki
07-14-2007, 06:07 AM
yea they are, they have a bit of a name even when it comes to racism, though I didnt notice it.

Betrade
07-14-2007, 06:29 AM
I saw an albino Asian about two weeks ago. I thought he was some goofy kid who had bleached his hair at first, until I noticed how white his skin was and his red eyes and lips. That was one seriously weird looking dude.

The face of Jacob
07-14-2007, 06:36 AM
There are Arab tribes in Sinai who have blue eyes and blond hair, also the Circassian in north Israel have blue eyes and they are whiter, they are Muslims and the speak Arabic but their origin isn't from Saudi Arabia like the Arabs but from east Europe, they are living among Arabs and some of them are marrying Arabs.